Monday, August 1, 2011

Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies



No real story behind these cookies. I was browsing one of my favorite food blogs, Lovin' From the Oven, and she made a Dark Chocolate Chip Cranberry Oatmeal Cookie. I've recently discovered a love for cranberries (cranberry juice has always been a favorite of mine, I just never really enjoyed actually eating cranberries until recently) and decided I was going to make these. Except - are you ready for this? - I don't like chocolate chips. At all. I don't like them in my muffins, in my cupcakes, in my brownies, in my cookies, in anything. Am I the only one? I feel like I am. Anyway, I decided not to let the chocolate chips stop me and made the cookies with just cranberries instead. I love the sweetness and chewiness the cranberries bring to the cookies. This recipe made about 28 cookies and within 24 hours there are only 3 left.


Cream together one stick of room temperature butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Add 1 egg and 2 teaspoons of vanilla and mix until well combined. Stir in 1 cup flour, 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Add in 1 cup of oatmeal and about 3/4 cup of cranberries. (I started out with 1 cup of cranberries but then I had a little bit left in the bag and decided to just dump them all in.) Refrigerate dough for at least 2 hours.


Scoop balls of dough (I used a tablespoon) onto a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes.


Let cookies cool on a wire rack.



Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
Adapted from Lovin' From the Oven

Ingredients:
1 stick butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup oatmeal
3/4 cup cranberries

1. Cream together the butter and the sugars. Add in the egg and vanilla, mix until well combined. Stir in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add in the oatmeal and cranberries.
2. Refrigerate dough for at least 2 hours.
3. Scoop spoonfuls of the dough onto a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment