Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Cinnamon Swirl Banana Muffins


Um, these are awesome. We had these grody bananas sitting on our counter for a while now and I had to do something with them. I had remember seeing this recipe on my friend Kim's blog, Kimmy's Kitchen, and knew that this is what I had to make with those bananas. I'm one of those people who tries to make every single bread into muffin form, so that's what I did. The recipe only makes 8 muffins, but I think that's just enough. I hate when I end up with over a dozen and they just end up going to waste. The bread is so moist and the cinnamon/sugar swirl works really well with the banana flavor. I can't wait to have one for breakfast tomorrow...if there are any left.

Cinnamon Swirl Banana Muffins
Adapted from Kimmy's Kitchen

MAKES ABOUT 8 MUFFINS

Ingredients for bread:
2 over-ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups flour
dash of salt

Ingredients for cinnamon/sugar swirl:
1/3 cup sugar
1 Tbs cinnamon

Directions:
1. Mash your bananas. Add in the butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla; stir to combine.
2. Add baking soda, flour, and salt; stir to combine.
3. Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a separate bowl for the swirl.
4. Line your cupcake pan with liners. Scoop banana batter into the bottom of the cupcake liner, about 1/4 of the way up. Sprinkle a little of the cinnamon/sugar. Spoon another scoop of banana batter on top and sprinkle with more cinnamon/sugar.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment