Sunday, September 11, 2011

Grilled Paprika Chicken Thighs



This is the most random, colorful, what-the-heck-are-we-gonna-make-for-dinner dinner. I had picked up this bag of potatoes at Costco last week because they were pretty colors and they caught my eye, lol. Ever since I bought them I've been thinking about what in the world I was going to do with them. I usually just roast potatoes, but I felt like such pretty potatoes deserved a special preparation. As you can see, I procrastinated and ran out of time to find a fun recipe and just ended up roasting them again. Just slice, drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes.

I knew I was going to pair the potatoes with grilled chicken of some sort, but I wanted something other than just garlic salt and pepper, which is what I usually do when grilling chicken. I asked my family what I should do and someone yelled out paprika. So I did what I always do: GOOGLE. I found a recipe for Smoked Paprika Roasted Chicken and just changed it up a tiny bit to fit my boneless skinless thighs since I wasn't using a whole chicken. I have to admit that I was kind of scared of it at first because it was so red/orange. It ended up being a hit, though. It's both smokey, from the paprika, and sweet, from the honey. I will definitely add it to my last minute, super quick, super simple, always have everything on hand recipe box. I used thighs because that's what I had, but you can definitely use breasts as well.

Grilled Paprika Chicken Thighs
Adapted from Simply Recipes

Ingredients:
3 Tbsp smoked paprika
3 Tbsp honey
1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
3 teaspoons garlic salt (or 1 teaspoon salt plus 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 lb. bag of boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 9 thighs)

Directions:
1. Mix all the ingredients together.
2. Rinse the chicken thighs and pat dry.
3. Massage the paprika mixture into the chicken, let it sit in the fridge for 1 - 3 hours.
4. Grill until chicken is no longer pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment