Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Meatloaf Cupcakes


Meatloaf cupcakes are so wrong, but so right. I've seen these around on several food blogs and knew I had to try them. I used the Souperior Meat Loaf recipe on the back of the Lipton Beefy Onion Soup box for this, but you can use any recipe you want.


Mix 2 lbs of ground beef, 1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets Beefy Onion Soup Mix, 3/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs, 2 eggs, 3/4 cup water, and 1/3 cup ketchup. I made one and a half this recipe which is why it looks like so much.


Scoop a heaping 1/3 cup of the meat mixture and roll into a ball. Put the ball in cupcake pan and gently smash it down with your hand so the meat fills the whole cup. There should be some meat over the top and you just kind of form that into a mound. Make sure you put the cupcake pans on a rimmed cookie sheet so the oils don't spill over in the oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.


When the meatloaf is cooked, remove from pan onto paper towels and let it soak up the extra oil.


Put your mashed potatoes into a piping bag with a tip of your choice.


And pipe like frosting!


You can either sprinkle with paprika...


...or put it under the broiler for a bit until the mashed potatoes get some color.


You could also do a ketchup drizzle, which I had planned to do before I realized that I had used all my ketchup to make the actual meatloaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment